It’s easy to plan a daily physical routine, but keeping that wouldn’t be that easy. You have to deal with time, money, weather, self-consciousness, fatigue, boredom, and other matters.
Don’t wait for your motivation to run out. A provider of adult day health care in Santa Ana, California provides both practical and creative solutions for some of the most common barriers to staying physically active:
When you’re short of time:
- Schedule your time to be physically active daily.
- Walk whenever you can.
- Take the stairs instead of escalators or elevators at the mall or office.
- Do more housework, like scrubbing, mopping, vacuuming, etc.
When you’re short on money:
- Enjoy the fresh and free outdoors.
- Use stairs and hills to increase intensity.
When you’re stuck inside due to weather:
- Use the stairs in your house.
- Jump rope or just jump in place.
When you feel self-conscious and intimidated:
- Try to avoid crowds when exercising.
- Consider getting a personal trainer to help you. This is one of the adult day services in Westminster, California.
When you’re already bored with your exercise routines:
- Work out with people who will cheer you on.
- You can do it for the pictures.
- Make it a friend meet-up.
- Choose activities you enjoy.
- Change it up and try new things.
When you’re tired and unmotivated:
- Remember why you started it in the first place.
- Set long and short-term goals.
- Adjust the intensity of your exercise, such as by simply walking more slowly.
A senior center such as ABC Westminster Day Health Center can help you maintain your exercise routine so you can reap the benefits of being physically active.