According to Harvard Health Publishing, a sense of balance prevent you from complicating medical conditions, and vision problems. It also leads to being prone to trips and falls, which affect the way seniors fulfill their daily activities.
What organization should you call for improving walking and balancing? A senior care center in Westminster, California, is the best possible organization. They follow rules provided by the National Institute of Aging.
- Raise arms to sides considering the shoulder level.
- Choose a path where a patient needs to focus on while walking.
- Walk in a straight line with one foot in front of the other.
- As seniors walk, lift back the leg and pause for 1 second every step forward.
- Repeat these steps 20 times with alternating legs.
When an adult day care in Santa Ana, California, do these exercises, you’re paying for the right senior services for your family. This activity strengthens the muscles for walking and balancing the body, which prevents accidental trips and falls.
This activity needs a physician’s advice when in need of age-appropriate exercises. You also have to prepare for a sturdy chair so the patient can hold it once they get tired.